- The Pros & Cons of Choosing Cool Metal Roof Panels for Your Steel Building
April, 13 2021
The Pros & Cons of Choosing Cool Metal Roof Panels for Your Steel Building
Do you want to save money on your utility bills? Cool metal roofing sheets will help! Not only will you reduce your monthly costs, but you save energy. That’s a win-win for you and the environment.
Cool metal roof systems are a fundamental component in energy-efficient buildings, giving both the building owner and the surrounding area advantages and benefits.
A cool metal roof has the second advantage of extraordinary durability and strength. Why? Because experts build cool roofing panels with steel. Most pests can’t bite their way into steel roof panels. Besides, steel can withstand all types of weather and rust, too! That means you might be able to lower your insurance costs, thanks to hail- and fire-resistant roofing panels.
Call Triple-A Steel Structures now at (888) 511-0899 to learn about metal roofing sheets. You can expect superior customer service matched with the best pricing for metal buildings on the market.
What Exactly are Cool Metal Roof Panels?
Cool metal roof panels are standing seam roof panels painted with a special baked-on, ultra-reflective paint. Professionals first cover them with a white surface or other light tones. Then, a few coatings contain extra components to upgrade reflectivity. Installing these roofing panels is a fantastic way to go green.
Experts use this type of roof to reflect and re-emit the heat coming from the sun. These steel roof panels are not cold when you touch them, even though they are cooler than the regular roof.
How Do Cool Metal Roof Panels Work?
All material retains warmth from the sun—the darker the roofing material, the hotter the rooftop. Dark roofing also absorbs 90% of the sun’s heat hitting its surface. What’s more, a hot roof moves heat into a building. A cooling system like an air conditioner has to battle heat transactions from the roof, especially in sweltering temps day after day.
The reflective paints’ innovation permits cool-coated metal roofing to reflect the daylight and ultraviolet (UV) radiation into the air. That chills the surface of the roof by as much as 60 degrees!
Benefits of Using Cool Metal Roof Panels on a Steel Building
The most significant benefit is the energy saved from reflecting and re-emitting heat away from your metal building. On the off chance that the warmth doesn’t soak into the building, you need less air conditioning to keep it cool.
Since the heat isn’t gradually transmitted into the atmosphere, the surrounding area stays cooler for the time being. In turn, holding down energy costs and generation peaks around evening time.
Reflective metal roof boards have significant advantages in heat-prone environments:
1. A cooler roof is equal to a cooler building interior. Cool-coated panels cut cooling costs by 15% or more. In warm climates, buildings are more comfortable, including the building zones without climate control. It means that you can spend your money on other areas of your household. Alternatively, you can save and invest your money.
2. Strong cool-coated pigments keep up 95% of their reflectivity over long periods of use.
3 . A cooler roof lessens strain on the building’s cooling system. A less used air conditioner will last more than one that is in constant use.
4. Indeed, even territories that surround the building using cool-coated sheets will be cooler with reflective panels.
5. Hurtful ultraviolet beams bounce away from the roof, drastically diminishing chemical harm to the actual roof. It means that your roof can last for a long time because the roof bounces off the harmful rays of the sun.
6. Extreme heat causes warm weariness on any roofing material. Accordingly, a cooler roof temperature increases the life expectancy of the roof. This type of sheet paneling will shield your roof from UV rays. Thus, keeping it cooler. Also, it will last longer than any other roof in the market because it does not suffer from the sun’s harmful rays.
7. Shockingly, reflective paints work well in any color. You don’t have to stick to white if you need a more vibrant color.
What are the Environmental Benefits of Cool Metal Roof Panels?
Cool metal roofing sheets have some fantastic environmental benefits. Not only are they great for living an eco-friendly lifestyle, but these same benefits are ideal for you, as a human!
Therefore, the incredible advantages of using cool metal roofing panels on your buildings are:
1. Decreasing the strain on power plants helps avoid power outages and blackouts
2. Using less energy, in this way dropping the degrees of pollution and chemical outflows in power plants
3. Easing the urban heat island impact
4. Expanding the lifespan of the roof
5. Lessening the eleven million tons of roofing materials disposed of into stuffed landfills every year
As an additional green advantage, all-steel roof panels contain a high recycled content. Toward the end of their lifecycle, steel panels are 100% recyclable, as well.
Now that you have seen some of the environmental benefits of using cool roofing panels on your steel building, it is vital to notice how using these panels can benefit you.
1. Protect your roof from harmful UV rays.
2. Lower your heating and cooling costs.
3. Save more energy.
4. Enjoy a comfortable setting during extreme heat.
Are Cool Roofing Panels Right for Every Metal Building?
Cool panels work best in warm southern conditions. Regions with gentle summers or unpleasant winters won’t profit from cool metal roof panels.
In highly moist, tropical weather, cool roofing tends to attract algae or mold. (The thing is, some cool panel brands use algae and mold-fighting chemicals in the reflective paint to moderate the issue.) In specific spaces, the reflective glare of cool metal rooftops may irritate your neighbors—mainly if their taller buildings overlook the cool-panel-clad structure.
Where Can You Get Quality Steel Roof Panels for the Best Rate?
Triple-A Steel Structures provides top and premium quality metal buildings, metal carports, metal garages, metal barns, RV carports, and more across the USA. It only makes sense that the experienced and dedicated team of experts would also have the best cool metal roofing sheets. As an established metal buildings dealer, you can expect fast delivery thanks to the best industry lead times. Call Triple-A Steel Structures now at (888) 511-0899 to order your steel building.